Friday, November 30, 2012

Nail Tutorial: Galaxy Nails (Quick and Easy)

Hi Dolls :) I have a quick nail tutorial for you all. I don't know about you but I've always been amazed by the galaxy. It's so beautiful yet mysterious. So when I saw some pics with galaxy design on the nails, I had to try it out myself. I found many tutorials out there are quite complex and very time-consuming. Here, I'm showing you how to achieve the galaxy effect in a simply and quick way. Hope you enjoy :)


Step 1: Starting off with your bare nails and shape them the way you desire. Use a top coat to protect your nails and make your design last longer. Here, I used Essie Grow Stronger Base Coat.

Step 2: Apply two thin coats of black nail polish. By using a black polish, it mimics the darkness of the mysterious galaxy. Also, other colors will pop more against a black background. Here, I'm using Sally Hansen Midnight Navy.

Step 3: Use a sponge and dip it into some white nail polish, and sponge that across your nails. Here, I'm using Sally Hansen Sensual White.
Step 4: Use a similar technique as we use in step 3, now sponge on some shimmery purple nail polish on top of the white. Remember, try to sponge it at random places and not to cover the entire white base. Here, I'm using Sally Hansen Crushed Velvet.


Step 5: Use the same technique as step 3, sponge on some shimmery teal and shimmery pink nail polish across your nails. Gradually, it will all come together and look more like the colorful galaxy. Here, I'm using Sally Hansen Pixell and the Color Institute 13.
Step 6: Now apply some finely milled silver glitter polish and use a toothpick and dip it into white nail polish again, dot some small dots across your nails to mimic the beautiful stars. Lastly, top it all off with a glossy top coat. And voila! You're done! Here, I'm using the Color Institute 3, Sally Hansen Sensual White and Sally Hansen Complete Care Treatment.



See how that easy that was? I really hope you find this post helpful. And if you try out this design, tweet me a pic @lavenderfedora.

Have a great day!
God bless,
Yolennie


No comments:

Post a Comment