Friday, January 4, 2013

Little bits of Lavender: Kensington Market


Hi dolls J Happy New Year! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas or whatever holiday you celebrate and you are enjoying the New Year so far. I surely had a lot of fun so far in 2013 and I look forward to the rest of the year.
Here, I took a little trip to Kensington Market and I would like to share with you my journey (that’s quite a big word for it :P). Kengsington Market is a place located in downtown Toronto. It’s full of interesting vintage shops, cafes, gift shops etc. I've heard so much about it that I decided to go visit there myself. I definitely enjoyed the little market and it was quite a different experience for me. My friend and I snapped lots of photos there, and here they are.


It was snowing quite heavily yesterday,  I actually caught a cold from walking outside. But it’s worth it. The snow was beautiful and made everything look extra sweet and mysterious. Awkward note, we actually missed our subway stop and had to go back cuz we were quite into the conversation that we were having. But of course, we got there eventually and since it was well into lunch time, we decided to eat at a bakery store near the market. I guess the market is pretty close to China Town, the price in the bakery is insanely cheap. 6 bread for $3 and 3 egg tart for $1 and they tasted wonderful as well. What a steal!
We walked along the streets for a while and discovered this little shop with all sort of crafty things. I don’t know the term for them, but the window display was really neat.



Then we found the entrance to Kensington Market. Do you see CN Tower in the background? :D There were so many cool shops and this one was full of military things. Jacket, badges, even gas mask, you name it! Look at this wall full of badges, quite epic, yeah? My friend snapped a photo in the mask, it was so silly but cool!

Another thing I loved about Kensington Market was the graffiti. It was everywhere downtown but somehow I found the ones in the market extra artistic.


Also, we found this store named “playdead”. It was so amazing! Full of skulls and artsy stuffs, it was very dark and even a bit Gothic, but I really enjoyed their clothes. Especially this denim jacket. I nearly gasped when I saw the price tag, $140! Maybe one day L

There were so many vintage stores full of clothes that looked super ancient. There was this store where the owner looked like someone right out from a 60s movie with victory rolls and red hair sewing a jacket. I am kinda upset that I couldn't take a photo of her, but I thought it would be quite weird to ask for such a favor  I tried some clothes from this store named Fariest Pyjama. Their stuffs were pretty interesting too.
Overall, I had a wonderful time at Kensington market. If you live around the area and had never visited that place, I highly recommend it! Hope you like this post and have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. lovely photos! the market looks awesome
    xx
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!! the artwork is FABULOUS!! i need to visit this place! and thanks for stopping by hun, my nails polish is China Glaze Emerald Sparkle! :)

    xo
    www.hapatime.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I fell in love with the store the moment I walked in there <3
      Thank you so much for stopping by, I love your style!! :)

      Delete