Sunday, November 3, 2013

Holy Grail: Essence Lip Liners Review


Hi love! Sorry for the absence for such a long time, it’s my first year in university and I just got all of my midterms done. It was definitely a stressful period of time and I am glad that I can get back to blogging! Today, I have a new obsession to share with you all lip junkies out there. I can’t believe something so affordable (a nice way of saying cheap) can be so incredibly amazing! Well, let me present Essence lip liners: they are creamy, long-lasting, come in a great selection of beautiful colors and best of all, they are 1.49 each! Without further ado, let me show you the essence lip liners that I have as well as the swatches!


Just a bit of background info on how I stumbled across those lip liners: Shoppers drug mart (one of the main drugstores here in Canada) started carrying Essence products earlier this year, or so I thought. I never paid too much attention to their products, simply because they are too cheap. I believe all of their products are below $5 if not $4, the packaging looks a bit like kids’ makeup, the ones that kids buy and smear around their adorable faces you know? Lovely but not something that I would put on my face unless for Halloween. However, one day, I was desperately in need of a red lip liner but didn’t want to pay $12 for a Revlon one. So I searched up Essence lip liner on makeupalley – one of my favorite places to look up makeup items reviews. Surprisingly, everyone has something positive to say about their lip liners and I decided to give it a go. Ever since then, I pretty much bought all of their lip liners and the obsession begins…

Sorry for the chapped lips, at this point, I've swatched so many liners my lips decided to quit :P

The first one that I got is this deep red color called Red Blush. I like to put it on before my red lipstick. It’s darker than my lipstick and shockingly, I found that by layering them, the red seems a lot more wearable. Maybe it’s just me, but I feel more confident rocking the red lip look. It helps my red lipstick to stay on longer and make my lip line look neater and sharper – a look that I personally prefer.


Well, after I discovered how amazing those lip liners are, I went back and got a few more. This one is a basic nude liner called In the Nude. It might not be the best nude color for my complexion but I like it nonetheless. I don’t tend to wear this on its own, again, I like to put it on before my nude lipstick to make it last longer. I found that by layering your lip liner before lipstick, your lipsticks adhere to your lips way better and sometimes, the mix of slightly different colors can create something beautiful, you never know!


The next I have is called Cute Pink – a perfect name for this perfect color. It’s like a Barbie doll pink, very bright and fun. I often just apply this all over my lips and wear it on its own. It adds a nice pop of color and I think it helps brighten up my complexion and makes me look more awake – always a bonus when you’ve been studying all night!

Lined my cupid's bow way too sharp, almost looks like something straight out of the Great Gatsby's 

layered a red lipstick on top (the one I'm wearing in my d/p pic), love the color combination

The last one that I have is called Soft Berry – not a color that I am particularly fond of. I definitely wouldn’t call this color soft, it’s a really deep purple although I can definitely see it looks amazing on someone with an olive toned complexion or a darker skin tone. I will have to layer this before my other purple lipsticks and give it a few more try to decide whether I can work with it or not.
Overall I absolutely adore Essence lip liners! They have a few more brownish colors that I know would not work with my complexion. But I’m sure some of you out there will fall in love with them. I have recommended them to so many friends and they become obsessed as well, ooops! Have you ever tried Essence lip liners before? Please let me know if there are any other Essence products that I should definitely give it a go!


Stay Chic

Yolennie

21 comments:

  1. great!!!
    would you like to follow each other?
    just let me know
    xx
    Marlena

    ReplyDelete
  2. lips looks beautiful! :)
    maybe we will follow each other? let me know :)
    I will be also very glad when you will CLICK on sheinside banner :)
    Kisses!
    DOMINIKALICIOUS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my favourite is the 3rd pic. Love bright colours and totally loving your blog girlie

    xo Mel
    turquoise blonde

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review!

    Please vote for me--> http://www.onlineshoes.com/monthly-shoe-styling-contest

    http://kacieskloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post! would you like to follow eachother?
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colors, I can't decide which one is my fav. :)

    I like your blog, would you like to follow each other? Let me know when you follow me and i'll follow back. :)
    www.jonnessa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, nice blog!
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC and FB? Let us know!:)
    Kisses


    www.thescarletdiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome post,the red lipstick is very chic
    wanna follow each other via gfc and bloglovin
    kisses
    Glamourzone

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice colorss

    Thank you so much for your lovely comment! Of course we can follow each other! Id love to keep in touch! Let me know if you follow me and I will follow you right back :D

    And what about other social media? That way I won't miss a thing!


    Facebook / Instagram /Twitter / Chicisimo

     - Hannah's Heels

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look so good! I love the second and fourth colour!

    would you like to follow each other? let me know :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. 2 is beautiful!

    love the pink color on your lips!
    lots of love,

    ReplyDelete
  12. following you back, hun <3

    kisses,

    thescarletdiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully written post, thank you for sharing! You have beautiful lips! I just became your newest follower :) Hope you can check out my blog and follow back if you want. Lemme know if you want to connect on Facebook and Twitter, I'll follow you back there as well! XOXO

    PS. I'm also doing an Urban Decay Vice 2 palette giveaway if you're interested!

    SIXTH TRACTATE BLOG
    VICE 2 GIVEAWAY
    INSTAGRAM @heartofplastic

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing post!
    xoxo

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post!love the bright red color lipstick
    Follow each other on GFC,follow me and i follow you back!
    http://cinnamonanddanako.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. After this review, I think I should give these beauties a try!

    xoxo
    Froso
    Style Nirvana

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, beautiful shades! The last photo is stunning! I really enjoy your blog so far and would love to follow each other--please join my GFC and I'll follow you right back!
    I recently joined Instagram and hope we can connect there too :)

    StylizedLuxe
    Instagram

    xo Jess

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great shades. I really love the last red, so chic! Perhaps you would enjoy exchanging follows?

    Best,
    CD

    ican'taffordmylifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  19. we've heard so much about the essence liners and have been meaning to try them for a long time, but we can't decide which colour to try! But the afforable price tag means we don't have to feel as guilty if we decide to buy them all, right?!

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  20. How about new wet game- walking in water with high heels on...
    See "Watersplosh Sandals Show" blog: http://watersploshsandals.wordpress.com/
    Seeks investors for game, more info through email: juraskurpes@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete