Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Makeup Tutorial: Holiday Clashing

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful time today.


Did Santa surprise you with anything on your wish list? I definitely got what I’ve always wanted – a huge double sided mirror with lights. Today, I have a very special holiday makeup tutorial for you all. The reason I said special is because I’ve always been against gold and silver clashing, however, I came across this makeup look on Weheartit and I fell in love with the look immediately.


I recreated it today and it’s really much simpler than you think, without further ado, here you go!



I’ve already done my face makeup using Make Up For Ever HD primer and foundation, Milani Luminoso baked blush and a dark mineral foundation from MAC for contour and bronzer.

Step 1 Blend a neutral light brown shadow into the crease area. This helps map out the shape and help make everything later on look more seamless. I used Urban Decay Naked.

Step 2 Blend a smoked bronze color into the outer V area. I used a combination of Dark Horse and Smog from Urban Decay.

Step 3 Apply a generous amount of NYX milk jumbo pencil as a base for the glitter.

Step4 Apply a gold glitter in the area shown. I used Annabelle glitter.

Step 5 Apply silver glitter in the inner corner. I used Marcelle glitter.

Step6 Apply black gel eyeliner in the shape you prefer. I’ve been really into super elongated cat eye lately.

Step7 Apply a thin coat of mascara and false lashes if you like. I also blended a combination of Smog and Dark horse on the lower lash line and the gold glitter in the inner lower corner.

Step8 Use a fluffy blending brush and blend away. Make sure there is no harsh lines between the glitters and shadows.


Voila! It’s really quite simple, isn’t it? I paired this look with a bold red lip from Shiseido. If you think this is too much, a beige nude lipstick would look lovely as well.

I really hoped you enjoy this gold and silver holiday smokey eye! Let me know if you ever try this out!
Stay Chic

Yolennie

12 comments:

  1. Wow it looks gorgeous! Hope you had a fab Christmas!
    xxx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love playing around with holiday makeup!

    Brooke du jour
    www.brookedujour.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That combo looks gorgeous! I don't play with makeup very much but starting to.

    -V
    http://stylishlyme.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I really, really love your makeup, I'm going to try to recreate for a special occasion! :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, gorgeous holiday smokey eye! Thanks for visiting my blog dear, I'm your newest follower :) And Happy 2014 xo

    StylizedLuxe
    Instagram

    xo Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg, totally obsessed with this. You look stunning!

    www.fashboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your makeup is so so gorgeous! You look amazing!

    http://kacieskloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful look!
    www.whatsashawears.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great sparkle smokey eye. I wish I was that talented with makeup

    www.highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg ur sooo pretty!! I love this look will defo have a go at it next time im goin for a night out! xxxx

    Laura | Tease Flutter Pout

    ReplyDelete