Thursday, July 10, 2014

Beauty review: Entire Shiseido IBUKI Range

Hi Dolls, how are you doing today? I don’t know if you remember this, but I used to work for Shiseido Canada. The perks of working for a cosmetics firm is that you get lots of freebies (not the case with MAC though :’( ) So I was lucky enough to get to try pretty much the entire IBUKI line. I have already used up the trial products and used the others enough to be able to give an in-depth review, so here it goes.
30 day trial size

First, let’s hear what Shiseido claimed about those products:
“SHISEIDO IBUKI: Bring your skin to life. Build inner resistance, for smooth, trouble-free skin. Shiseido Ibuki is a new kind of skincare for women who want to stop dealing with the same skin problems, over and over.”

After using this range exclusively for a month, my opinion towards this line is neutral. To me, it does not stand out from any other skincare products that I’ve tried. Overall, it was nice on the skin, but nothing extraordinary. Now, let’s break it down to individual products.

IBUKI Gentle Cleanser CLAIM: “A gentle cleanser that immediately lathers into a creamy foam, floating away the impurities and excess surface cells that lower the skin’s resistance, without stripping away skin’s essential moisture. Leaves skin feeling fresh and silky smooth to the touch.”
One thing that this cleanser stood out for me was the scent, when I was learning about new products while I was working for the company, they emphasized on the importance of scent at Shiseido. I have to agree, this cleanser has a very pleasant, calming yet refreshing fragrance. It’s not overwhelming, just perfect. The cleanser itself is just like any other foaming cleanser I’ve tried, it foams up nicely, leaves the skin feeling very refreshed. I don’t really have too much to say about this product. I enjoyed using it overall.

IBUKI Softening Concentrate CLAIM: “A concentrated softener that penetrates quickly and deeply into the skin’s surface. Building the skin’s resistance to problems by filling it with moisture, this comfortably rich formula also enhances the effects of additional skin care steps.”
Shiseido loves to promote its softeners, and I usually enjoy this extra step in my skincare regime. However, I can’t say I love this particular one. I can’t really place why I didn’t enjoy using it, maybe because it has a gel like texture, that feels a little bit thick, compared to the other liquid softeners I’ve tried. I don’t think it sinks into the skin fast enough, it feels very slippery on the skin. I would recommend you to go into a store and try it for yourself. Also, I personally thought the scent of this softener is a bit too strong. It reminded me of detergent.

 IBUKI Refining Moisturizer CLAIM: “A multi-functional moisturizer that fundamentally improves visible pores, the appearance of breakouts/ blemish marks and skin roughness caused by dryness, and maintains moisture all day long. By filling the skin with moisture, it builds resistance to problems, and creates a smoother, more refined skin texture.”
Wow, that’s a lot that they are promising. What do I think? This to me is another generic moisturizer that is thin and can be easily absorbed into the skin. During the month that I was using Shiseido exclusively, my breakouts did not seem drastically fewer than normal, so I really don’t think the line has many anti-breakout properties. So if that is what you were hoping to get from this range, I suggest you look elsewhere. Having said that, I quite enjoyed the moisturizer, because of its runny consistency, it’s perfect for the summer month, I like to use this during daytime. They have one moisturizer that contains a bit of SPF, but I always put sunscreen on top of my skincare anyways, so that wasn’t a problem.


IBUKI Refining Moisturizer Enriched CLAIM: “A multi-functional moisturizing cream that fundamentally improves visible pores, the appearance of breakouts/ blemish marks and skin roughness caused by dryness, and maintains moisture all day long. By filling the skin with moisture, it builds resistance to problems, and creates a smoother, more refined skin texture.”
Again, not much blemish control properties for me. I like this equally as the regular moisturizer. This one is thicker, but it didn’t clog my pores and it wasn’t heavy at all. A great nighttime or wintertime moisturizer!


IBUKI Eye Correcting Cream CLAIM: “A cooling eye cream that addresses dark circles, puffiness and fine lines, for immediately more vibrant eyes. Helps the appearance of eye area achieve resistance to stress factors resulting from lack of sleep.”
To be very honest with you, I had such a high expectation for this product. When I was learning about the range, I was so interested about this because of what it promises. It does have a light pink tone to it that is supposed to brighten up the under eye area instantly, but I didn’t see that on my self at all. I am not the best to review eye cream as I am only 18, so I don’t have any fine lines or anything like that. I don’t think this helps with puffiness in the morning. I use it simply to moisturize the eye area, nothing more.

Overall, I think IBUKI is a lovely range that leaves my skin feeling really soft and moisturized. Although it doesn’t help control blemishes, it didn’t worsen my breakouts either. So if you are in the early 20s, looking for a rage of basic moisturizing products, I would recommend this line. Just don’t expect too much from them, they’re nice, but not amazing!

Stay chic




5 comments:

  1. Shiseido is fabulous!
    http://fashion-soup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. great review, thanks for sharing
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've used a few Shiseido products and have been very pleased with them! Thanks for the review on these!

    http://kacieskloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete